- Could the pope's visit help heal old wounds? Despite sparking opposition, Benedict XVI's autumn tour will aim to reassure English and Welsh Catholics of their status, writes Mark Hennessey (Irish Times. July 17, 2010).
- Vatican announces ‘once in a lifetime’ display of Raphael works at the Victorian and Albert Museum in London | Video. Catholic Herald July 15, 2010. For the first time since 1983, the Vatican hung the tapestries on the walls of the Sistine Chapel where they are thought to have originally been located.
- Scottish faithful will not have to pay to attend papal Mass, unlike their English counterparts. Catholic Herald July 15, 2010.
- Debate: Will the papal visit change Britain? Archbishop Nichols and Lord Patten both say it will have a profound, lasting effect on British society. Catholic Herald July 14, 2010.
- Countdown to Pope's England Trip: 64 Days (Zenit, July 14, 2010). Monsignor Andrew Summersgill, England's papal visit coordinator, says preparations for Benedict XVI's Sept. 16 arrival are well under way.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Posted by Christopher Blosser at 10:23 PM